23.5.13

farewell

Georgia & Kristian
The last few months have been the busiest, happiest and saddest of my life. When I wrote the last post at Christmas I don't think I quite knew what 2013 had in store for me but I could never have anticipated just how it would go.

Kristian and I bought a house in March, then on the rainiest day in April we got married in a pub with our nearest and dearest. At the beginning of May, just a few short weeks after the wedding, my beautiful darling Dad passed away at home, with Mum and I holding his hands to the last. It has been the richest, most indescribable time and I haven't been able to share it with you because I just didn't know how. 

For a good long while I was tempted, amidst all this change, to just fade out, to leave this space quietly, slipping away without a proper goodbye. But then I have come to realise that goodbyes are tremendously important. Whole oceans of time and love can pass through the space of a few minutes. I know this now.

So goodbye dear friends and readers. I have loved this space but I have struggled with it too and I feel ultimately that my heart just isn't in it any more. Thank you for reading, for all your thoughtful comments and for sharing in the journey that has been Bakery Bookery.

All the best,
Georgia x
...

[Photo of Kristian and I by Nioclas Porter]
[Photo of Dad and I by Mum]

11 comments:

Jane S said...

Hello Georgia, I have noticed your absence and missed your thoughtful blogs. I am so sorry to hear about your dear Dad but pleased to hear you were with him right to the end.

Congratulations on getting married, that is wonderful news. May you have a wonderful life together in your new home. Farewell and take care x

Jane S said...

PS I just had a peek at your wedding photos...beautiful, simple, individual, love them x

lucent imagery said...

My dear friend, I am smiling and crying for you. Such is a rich life, I guess. I know it's not goodbye for our friendship but I'm thankful that this space gave us our first "hello". xxxxxxx

Kylie said...

Farewell, Georgia. I wish you all the very best xox

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry to hear that your Dad is no longer with you and your Mum. I hope you are both coping ok. Although what is ok really?

I hope the wedding was wonderful.

Shall miss your little place on the internet. Stay in touch!

Neen said...

Ah, that was not meant to be anonymous! It is Neen :)

Monica B said...

many warm wishes for your future. we each have to to do what feels authentic and joyful or worthwhile at least.
perhaps one day you'll return in a different guise. never say never.

thanks for saying farewell, so we all get a chance to say fare-the-well too.

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Best wishes for a rich and wonderful future, Georgia.

Georgia said...

Thank you all, much love xx

Missy Piggy said...

Hi Georgia - I've been thinking about you and wondering what's been happening. I am very sorry to hear that your dad has passed away, and pleased to hear of your marriage & new home. All the best...it's been lovely reading your blog. I'll miss seeing you in cyberspace. Mel x

Samantha said...

I'd been wondering about you, too! I'll miss your blog, but of course I understand that blogging isn't always important.

I wish you all the best! Thank you for such a lovely blog!